This course examines and assesses how technology can best be integrated into and utilized in the workplace to maximize human performance. Implications for information management and organizational communication are investigated and classified. A key aspect is how the two components are impacted by organizational communication. It examines current trends in enterprise-wide technology solutions, specifically as they relate to HRM and OD, implementation of technology, productivity as it relates to use and misuse, and how it facilitates change in human performance and organizational growth.
- Identify the key HRM functions impacted by technology.
- Implement technology into HRM functions.
- Identify the impact of technology on the workplace in general, on managers, and on individual employees.
- Examine theories and investigate their practical application as related to organizational communication and individual performance.
- Evaluate and design programs for improved organizational and individual performance and communication utilizing technology.
- Apply appropriate techniques to add value to organizations functions in a highly technical and rapidly changing industries.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 150,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
100+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.
School of Business and Management
“Our business and management programs equip students with the knowledge and tools needed to lead their organizations and stay competitive in the job marketplace.”School of Business and Management