Making the Case: Marketing NPs
Identifying an organization’s unique niche/offering is pivotal to the crafting of the narrative and development of the case for support, yet extends even further to the development of programs that fill the need. The importance of marketing and positioning plans for nonprofit organizations and the significance of linking these tools to the organization’s mission and purpose are emphasized. Branding and image integrity are linked to a clear understanding of the ideas, priorities, individuals, and events shaping the landscape of the community.
- Construct an effective case for support to solicit financial support for a nonprofit organization.
- Determine their organization’s unique mission and its relevance to the community.
- Effectively position and market your nonprofit.
- Compose communications materials for key constituencies and stakeholders.
- Develop a marketing strategy.
- Examine the role social media plays in marketing and fundraising.
- Assess the priorities, events and people shaping the donor landscape to evaluate potential target markets.
- Investigate the importance of branding and positioning in the overall marketing plan.