Emphasis on the importance of using good relationship-building tactics as the cornerstone of effective fundraising. Featured topics include individual and team fundraising, and development practice in a multi-cultural world. Grounded in industry-approved ethical standards of fundraising, the course offers a detailed examination of donor behavior and communication styles and the factors and motivations that influence donors in the philanthropic decision-making process. In addition, students will gain a greater understanding of one’s own solicitation style while honing the tools to navigate various attributes of behavior, versatility as a communication tool, gender style differences, and each donor’s unique context.
- Interpret one’s own and the donor’s social style model to improve fundraising relationships and development success
- Differentiate fundraising through relationship-building verses traditional selling
- Assess the vital elements in building relationships and preparing for a solicitation for support
- Distinguish effective fundraising techniques
- Evaluate the value and importance of team fundraising
- Prioritize the fundraising cycle as a comprehensive tool in their development approach
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 165,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
100+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.