A study of entrepreneurship with particular reference to creating and starting a new venture. Emphasis on historical development of entrepreneurship, risk taking and entrepreneurship, innovation and marketing the plan, financial plan, organizational plan, going public, and legal issues for the entrepreneur.
- Identify the origin and development of entrepreneurship.
- Distinguish between capitalism and entrepreneurship.
- Analyze risk taking and innovation.
- Apply financial and organizational planning to a new venture.
- Comprehend issues associated with taking a company public.
- Identify recent developments in entrepreneurship.