Examination of emerging forms of leadership, influence and power, chaos and collaboration. The course will analyze multiple organizations within the private and public sectors, and will draw upon diverse perspectives, ethical considerations and applied approaches. Participate in experiential approaches to learning leadership skills which may include the classroom as a temporary organization to be examined in real time.
- Evaluate leadership theory and integrate diverse perspectives into real world application.
- Integrate interdisciplinary perspectives into strategies applied within modern and diverse organizations.
- Develop leadership skills to include dialogue and the practices of a learning organization.
- Apply critical thinking skills to analyze organizational frames based on case studies.
- Compare and contrast leadership strategies within the public and private sectors and organization structures.
- Apply critical thinking skills to analyze leadership approaches utilizing current and emerging theory and case studies.