Analysis of constant and continuous change in modern organizational environments. This class will provide students with the skills needed to recognize the potential impacts of change on their organizations, and to lead their organizations through the change process effectively. Students will develop skills in assessing organizational culture and learn to create the learning organization of the future.
- Identify and discuss leadership styles that work well or less well in times of change when adaptive work is needed by the organization.
- Compare and contrast the impact of slow, continuous change and rapid, discontinuous change on leadership of teams, groups and organizations.
- Prepare a basic strategic plan to assist members of the organization to work effectively during sudden or unexpected change.
- Evaluate ethical concerns for leadership within groups, teams and organizations.
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of major leadership concepts in writing and orally using proper business communications techniques.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 165,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
100+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.