Examination of the application of leadership theory to groups that are diverse in gender, ethnicity, education, and functional expertise. The role of the leader in establishing effective collaboration among members; the decision making process and power will also be examined.
- Define and analyze the impacts of diversity in groups, teams and organizations on leaders.
- Identify and discuss the special challenges created by diversity within groups, teams and organizations and between leaders, shared leadership and group dynamics.
- Discuss the role of leaders in assisting group, team or organizational members in working effectively with diversity.
- Evaluate ethical concerns in leadership within groups, teams and organizations.
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of major leadership concepts in writing and orally using proper business communications techniques.
- Demonstrate the ability to use online resources to research and prepare written and oral assignments.