Examination of the application of leadership theory to groups that are diverse in gender, ethnicity, education, and functional expertise. The role of the leader in establishing effective collaboration among members; the decision making process and power will also be examined.
- Define and analyze the impacts of diversity in groups, teams and organizations on leaders.
- Identify and discuss the special challenges created by diversity within groups, teams and organizations and between leaders, shared leadership and group dynamics.
- Discuss the role of leaders in assisting group, team or organizational members in working effectively with diversity.
- Evaluate ethical concerns in leadership within groups, teams and organizations.
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of major leadership concepts in writing and orally using proper business communications techniques.
- Demonstrate the ability to use online resources to research and prepare written and oral assignments.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 165,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
100+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.