This course is focused on developing a student’s research skills in preparation for the HRM670 Capstone Thesis Project. Students will be guided through research of peer-reviewed journal articles and research methodologies as they relate to the field of Human Resource Management and Organizational Development. Faculty will guide students through written review of research and current practices in preparation for the HRM670 Capstone Thesis Project.
- Evaluate and analyze cyclical trends in corporate strategy and HRM’s role.
- Examine and compare seminal and current research on workplace trends as impacted by a diverse employee population nationally and internally.
- Evaluate and apply concepts from management science, business, and HR related research that helps the HR function better align with corporate strategies and goals.
- Formulate recommendations for improved organizational and individual performance based on research and trends as related to the employment lifecycle (entry, tenure, exit).
- Examine legal and ethical trends in the workplace that impact how HR supports or leads organizational change.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 165,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
100+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.