A comprehensive management/practitioner-level overview and appraisal of current practices, trends, and applied theory in the era of strategic alignment between employees, jobs, systems, technology, policies, procedures, training, and organizational development. Students will evaluate and analyze theory as it relates to practical application in the workplace.
- Assess organizational recruiting needs.
- Specify the needs of a vacant position.
- Develop effective recruiting plans.
- Select and employ appropriate placement criteria and methods.
- Identify the various positive and negative effects and legalities of the various techniques and methods employed in the process, including the effects of societal multiculturalism and diversity.
- Identify the critical elements of employee familiarization and orientation and processes.