A comprehensive analysis of the laws and regulations, both federal and state, that impact human resources management. The course emphasizes equal employment opportunity affirmative action, health and safety, privacy of information and methods of liability prevention in employment matters. Integrated into the course are aspects of ethical considerations as related to Human Resources Management, including employer use of power, organizational business practices, and safety concerns.
- Describe the legal rights and responsibilities of parties concerned with the practice of human resources management.
- Examine cases arising out of or during the course of the employment relationship and determine impact on workplace issues.
- Apply legal reasoning to human resources management in the development of policies and procedures, and in responses to workplace issues which invoke legal protections of employment relationships.
- Construct a system to provide for consideration of laws and regulations in carrying out human resources management.
- Discuss the importance of ethical conduct in employment relations in creating productive working environments and avoiding liability as an employer.
- Communicate legal analysis of workplace issues in writing.
- Identify computer-assisted research tools available to the human resources manager in regard to employment law.
- Discuss the impact of cultural differences in a diverse workforce.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 170,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
100+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.