Legal Aspects of Basic HRM
Introduction to the wide spectrum of legal concerns that human resource managers face in the workplace. Emphasis on employment discrimination laws as they relate to the employer-employee relationship. EEO methods of liability prevention are examined. Integrated into the course are aspects of ethical considerations for HR managers.
- Identify the various sources of law governing employment discrimination issues.
- Describe historical developments of employment laws.
- Discuss potential workplace issues that would invoke legal protections in connection with employer-employee relationships.
- Discuss the importance of ethical conduct in employment relations in creating productive work environments.
- Describe the impact of cultural differences in a diverse workforce.
- Identify and describe methods for consideration of employment laws in the management of employees to enable employers to remain in compliance with workplace laws.