Introduction to the wide spectrum of legal concerns that human resource managers face in the workplace. Emphasis on employment discrimination laws as they relate to the employer-employee relationship. EEO methods of liability prevention are examined. Integrated into the course are aspects of ethical considerations for HR managers.
- Identify the various sources of law governing employment discrimination issues.
- Describe historical developments of employment laws.
- Discuss potential workplace issues that would invoke legal protections in connection with employer-employee relationships.
- Discuss the importance of ethical conduct in employment relations in creating productive work environments.
- Describe the impact of cultural differences in a diverse workforce.
- Identify and describe methods for consideration of employment laws in the management of employees to enable employers to remain in compliance with workplace laws.