This course will examine the application of the traditional marketing functions to the areas of the hospitality and casino industries. Students will develop plans for the use of convention and promotional events as marketing tools.
- Apply the language of hospitality to the marketing discipline.
- Apply the basic marketing principles to the field of hospitality.
- Evaluate how the various functions in a hospitality firm fit in with the marketing function.
- Analyze the impact of the Internet on marketing decisions in the area of casino and hospitality businesses.
- To apply the elements of strategic marketing planning to hospitality organization.
- Evaluate ethical concerns in marketing in the hospitality and casino industries.
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of major marketing concepts in writing and orally using proper business communications techniques.
- Demonstrate the ability to use on-line resources to research and prepare written and oral assignments.