Examination of concepts and practical applications of emotional intelligence. This course will focus on how to assess basic skills in emotional intelligence, how to develop strategies to improve and enhance basic skill levels, and techniques that facilitate dealing with others of varying emotional backgrounds and competency levels.
- Identify the core competencies of Emotional Intelligence.
- Develop personal and professional growth, clarity and empowerment.
- Explain the impact of emotions on performance.
- Describe the contribution of emotional intelligence to effective leadership principles.
- Discuss how EI facilitates work relationships in a team environment.
- Synthesize the use of on-line resources to research and prepare written and oral assignments.