This course provides an overview of a manager’s responsibilities behind the scenes in the gaming industry. Operations management is an important discipline that carefully manages the processes and products that provide services. Managers need to understand how resort and casino industries function on an operational basis in order to better identify opportunities for creating efficiencies in their processes and related activities.
- Explain the role of the gaming commission.
- Identify various social and cultural concerns related to gaming.
- Summarize the current developments in casino gaming and the future trends.
- Describe the functionality of a casino organization structure.
- Discuss the operational differences between the management of table games and slot games.
- Identify staffing needs within the organizational structure of typical gaming operations.
- Identify the guidelines of casino marketing and player rating systems.
- Utilize the basic mathematics required for various game probabilities.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 165,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
100+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.