Dr. Ricardo Parker
Dr. Parker earned his BS degree in Biology at Shaw University (Raleigh, NC); his MS degree in Biology at Tennessee State University (Nashville, TN); and his PhD in Microbiology from Oregon State University (Corvallis, OR).
Dr. Parker did his Post-Doctoral Research Fellowship at the National Cancer Institute in Bethesda, Maryland in the Laboratory of Tumor Immunology and Biology and in the Medicine Branch, Clinical Oncology Program. His professional career in biotechnology and clinical cancer research involved studying the molecular biology of cancer and drug resistance.
He also provided leadership in managing national and international clinical trials and research projects, including serving as Manager of Pediatric Research and Grants in the Department of Pediatrics at Loma Linda University, Loma Linda, CA. Altogether, Dr. Parker’s 33+ years of research work, 2 patents, and over 117 peer-reviewed publications have contributed to the body of knowledge in the fields of experimental therapeutics and cancer drug resistance.
Dr. Parker currently serves as Associate Professor and Academic Program Director for the Bachelor of Science in Allied Health Program in the Department of Health Sciences, College of Professional Studies, at National University (Costa Mesa, CA campus).
- Barbara F. Piper, Phd, Ricardo Parker, Phd, Zemirah Lee, Mlis And Elena Todorova, Dnp. (2018). Measuring the Mapping of Planetree Principles into Academic Curricula: A Pilot Study. 2018 Planetree Intl Conf on Person-Centered Care.
- Schiltz, P., Wright, E., Parker, J., Tolbert, D., Matthews, L. & Shamblee, L.. (2017). A culturally competent, community driven, collaborative approach to health care education conferences addressing the health disparities of African Americans. American Association for Cancer Research. 77(13): 4234.
- Ricardo Parker, Michael Myers, And Patric Schiltz. (2015). In vitro drug response, biomarkers and clinical outcome in malignant glioma patients. Proceedings of the American Association for Cancer. 75(15): 5448.
- Gloria J Mcneal, Phd, Arneta Finney, Phd(C), Ricardo Parker, Phd, And Angela Williams, Phd(C). (n.d.). Forming Community Engagement Partnerships to Improve Access to Care. 2018 Planetree Intl Conf on Person-Centered Care.
- Ricardo Parker, Patric Schiltz, And Michael Myers.. (n.d.). In vitro drug response (IVDR) to chemotherapy (Chemo) and tumor-associated biomarker (BM) expression profiles in lung carcinoma (LC). Proceedings, Ann Mtg Am Assn for Cancer Res 2017. 77: 4159.
- Parker, R. (2019-07-13). Measuring theTelehealth Diabetes Screening Utility of a Wireless Handheld iAssay Blood Analyzer: A Cost Benefit Analysis. Poster presented at the 2019 Sigma's 30th International Nursing Research Congress., Calgary, Canada..
- Parker, R. (2018-10-09). Interprofessional Education: Integrating Informatics and Simulation Content into SHHS Curricula: A Proposed Model. Poster presented at the 2018 Planetree International Conference on Person-Centered Care., Boston, Massachusetts..
- Parker, R. (2018-10-09). Student-Centered Learning in Underserved Communities: An Interdisciplinary Collaborative Approach. Poster presented at the 2018 Planetree International Conference on Person-Centered Care., Boston, Massachusetts..