Maureen Sigafoos has a clinical background in both Radiation Therapy and Medical Dosimetry, for both of which she holds current licensure. Maureen graduated from California State University Long Beach with a Bachelor of Science Degree in Radiation Therapy. Maureen worked clinically for approximately four years before completing onsite hospital-based dosimetry training. Following her training, she passed the Medical Dosimetrist Certification Board exam in 2004. After her licensure she worked clinically as a certified medical dosimetrist for 13 years and still does some consulting work. Currently, she is working as a Clinical Assistant Professor and Clinical Coordinator for National University’s Radiation Therapy Program. She is furthering her education by working to obtain a Master of Science in Organizational Leadership.
- American Society of Radiologic Technologists
- Southern California Society of Radiation Therapists
- Sigafoos, M.. (2020). Medical Dosimetrist Leadership in Radiation Therapy Education.
- Sigafoos, M.. (2019). Clinical Expectations in Radiation Therapy. California Society of Radiologic Technologists, CS.
- Sigafoos, M.. (2016). Dosimetric Considerations When Working with Radiation Therapy Students. California Society of Radiologic Technologists.