Content is designed to provide sequential development, application, analysis, integration, synthesis and evaluation of concepts and theories in radiation therapy. Objectives and competencies in this course focus on patient-centered care, team work principles, introduction to and safety procedures for treatment and simulation equipment, and lower level treatment procedures. Requires 101 hours/quarter unit and 2 hours of classroom meeting/week.
- Demonstrate appropriate interaction with patients and their families, colleagues, physicians and physicists.
- Perform patient assessment and obtain and record patient vital signs.
- Observe patient consults, treatment checks and follow-up.
- Demonstrate control of the accelerator pendant.
- Demonstrate appropriate team work skills.
- Demonstrate procedures taken prior to a simulation.
- Demonstrate simulation procedures on a variety of cancer treatments and techniques.
- Demonstrate competence in treatment set-up and delivery for selected treatment types.
- Demonstrate competence in simulation for selected types of diseases.
- Demonstrate competence in following infection control procedures and universal precautions.
- Complete all required patient care objectives and treatment/simulation competencies.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 175,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.