Management, assessment, quality improvement and evaluation techniques will be emphasized. Human resource concepts and regulations impacting the profession will be examined. Accreditation agencies and regulations, billing and reimbursement issues pertinent to the radiation therapy department will also be covered.
- Discuss methods of process improvement.
- Assess the impact of the Joint Commission accreditation on radiation therapy operations.
- Analyze radiation oncology billing and related CPT codes.
- Determine the role Human Resources plays in the employees work environment.
- Summarize the various types of insurance and the mechanisms necessary for approval of care.
- Discuss issues current issues related to employee relations.
- Discuss various labor relation issues as they relate to radiation therapy.
- Identify professional organization participation opportunities for the radiation therapists.
- Discuss the importance of professional commitment and involvement.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 175,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.