Content is designed to examine factors that influence and govern clinical planning of patient treatment. This encompasses isodose distributions, influence of beam modification, radiobiologic considerations, dosimetric calculations and clinical application of radiation. Electromagnetic and particulate beams as well as advanced and emerging technologies are covered.
- Calculate doses manually for given clinical situations.
- Apply characteristics of photon, electron and particulate beams to treatment planning in given clinical situations.
- Accurately interpret graphs and charts containing machine data.
- Given the following factors, describe the effects of various treatment parameters: a. %DD b. BSF c. PSF d. TAR e. TMR f. TPR g. Dmax
- Compare the advantages and disadvantages between TSD and TAD treatments.
- Describe the purpose of field weighting.
- Explain the effects of irregularly shaped fields on dose.
- Explain the effects of tissue inhomogeneities.
- Given any clinical situation, calculate the absorbed dose to a point of interest.
- Using a treatment planning computer, develop treatment plans for commonly seen cancers.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 165,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
100+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.