Focuses on assessment, evaluation and treatment plans for treatment related side effects. Issues related to death and dying and practitioner self-care will be discussed. Course also includes an exploration of local, state and national cancer care resources.
- Evaluate patient factors that contribute to radiation side effects.
- Evaluate treatment factors that contribute to radiation side effects.
- Determine the physiologic cause of the most common treatment side effects.
- Identify the dose a given side effect will begin to appear.
- Formulate a plan to manage side effects during treatment.
- Given a patient example, conduct an overall assessment focused on education and management of expected side effects.
- Given a clinical example, determine if the side effects are outside of normal range and require medical attention.
- Explore local, state and national cancer support resources.
- Explore concepts related to death and dying.
- Develop a plan of self care based on a self assessment in the areas of mental, physical, and emotional health.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 150,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
100+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.
School of Health and Human Services
“Our faculty members are nationally recognized across a broad spectrum of health profession disciplines and prepare students for success in the ever-evolving health care field.”School of Health and Human Services