Foundation in terminology, concepts and competencies in assessment and evaluation of the patient for service delivery. Examination of the psychological and physical needs and factors affecting treatment outcomes. Routine and emergency care procedures will be discussed.
- Analyze the radiation therapist scope of practice and code of ethics for clinical application.
- Explain the Bill of Rights for Patients.
- Differentiate between the roles and responsibilities of health care team members treating cancer patients.
- Respond appropriately to patients/families when given a clinical scenario.
- Demonstrate proper use of the principles of patient safety and transfer.
- Accurately monitor vital signs.
- Discuss procedures for emergency situations.
- Analyze laboratory results that are pertinent to radiation therapy, be able to recognize normal vs. abnormal results and take appropriate action.
- Discuss the principles of medication administration.
- Explain the actions and side effects of common medications prescribed in radiation therapy.
- Provide patient education for medical procedures.
- Discuss psychological and physical factors affecting treatment outcomes.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 175,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.