This course will examine an integrative approach to spirituality, health, and healing. The characteristics of spirituality, spirituality and the care provider and spiritual rituals will be explored. Next, there will be a discussion of providing spiritual care, spiritual assessment, therapeutic interventions, and healing environments. Lastly, the spiritual dimension in end-of-life care, and spiritual considerations of children and the aging individual will be explored.
- Examine the characteristics of spirituality.
- Discuss spirituality and the spiritual care provider.
- Describe spiritually healing rituals.
- Differentiate between religion and spirituality.
- Compare and contrast spirituality in different cultural groups.
- Examine spiritual assessment and spiritual care.
- Describe therapeutic interventions for healing (music, art, movement, humor, and animal-assisted therapy).
- Describe creating sacred spaces and spiritually healing environments.
- Examine the spiritual dimension in end-of-life care.
- Discuss spirituality and the grieving process.
- Describe elements of spirituality, religion, and children.
- Examine the spiritual dimensions of aging.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 180,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
Attend class and learn onsite at one of over 20 locations in California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.