Practicum in Health Coaching
Preparation to operate as competent professional health coaches. Students develop their coaching competencies by completing a minimum of 50 hours of coaching in a healthcare environment. Supervision by the course instructor, who has knowledge of and experience in coaching best practices.
- Practice core coaching competencies with clients.
- Experience self as a coach and as an instrument of change.
- Create productive and fulfilling relationships in the coaching role.
- Determine their own coaching style.
- Develop a coaching toolkit to apply to coaching practice.
- Participate in a transformational learning experience that combined theory and best practices with mentoring and coaching from a professional coach.
- Demonstrate deepened listening skills.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the coaching relationship.
- Recognize how the use of coaching tools can target and facilitate growth in their coaching clients.
- Demonstrate an understanding of coaching the ‘whole person.’
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 185,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
Attend class and learn onsite at one of over 20 locations in California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.