Focus on health coaching as a transformational journey. Emphasis on understanding change from a transformative learning and adult development perspective. Topics include: theoretical perspectives on the change process, decision making, co-creating a plan of action, uncovering blocks, handling resistance, establishing a plan for accountability, developing holistic interventions for optimal health.
- Understand change and transition, specifically, reactive and developmental transitions.
- Discuss the three phases of transition: endings, neutral zone, and new reality; recognize how to use exercises/tools to illuminate the way of transition.
- Demonstrate the knowledge of advanced communication skills.
- Define the characteristics of reluctance and resistance in the coaching relationship.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the three stages of Egan’s helping process model.
- Understand the connection between healing and reconstructive change.
- Examine the ways in which shame, guilt and conscience show up in health coaching clients.
- Understand the dilemmas and decisions related to choice and transition.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the decision making process.
- Explore the psychology of life choices.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 180,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
Attend class and learn onsite at one of over 20 locations in California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.