Introduces electronic health record (EHR) and communication systems including the application of Meaningful Use criteria to optimize quality and effectiveness of patient care and improve care coordination. Explore care delivery innovations across multiple care settings and specialties using a patient-centric model.
- Compare and contrast evidenced-based research on meaningful use of electronic health record (EHR) and communications technologies.
- Utilize effective communication strategies to describe the value of EHR systems in healthcare organizations.
- Describe the historical significance of EHR Meaningful Use criteria in clinical practice as defined by United States Department of Health and Human Services and the 2009 American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (ARRA).
- Compare and contrast EHR applications to support patient care and healthcare workflow processes, such as assessment, planning, interventions, medication administration, patient education, and outcome evaluation.
- Descibe how EHR applications meet the specialized needs of clinical healthcare practice; including care coordination across inpatient, ambulatory and home care settings.
- Analyze data standards applicable to clinical decision making in ambulatory clinics, acute care hospitals and home care.
- Create policies and procedures for the implementation of health information technology to comply with legal, ethical and regulatory requirements.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 180,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
Attend class and learn onsite at one of over 20 locations in California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.