Health data standards, sources, representation, terminologies, vocabularies and ontologies to support interoperability of information within and between health care organizations. Health information security practices, privacy, confidentiality, and management of patient rights. Clinical data and process modeling for medical decision making. Policy development and documentation for exchange of health information.
- Analyze the origin, theory, organization and application of common health and medical nomenclatures, classification systems and code sets.
- Evaluate the data and information requirements of stakeholders in a healthcare ecosystem, including the acquisition, storage, management, distribution and security of health data sets.
- Apply standards and nomenclature to facilitate care coordination such as Systematized Nomenclature of Medicine–Clinical Terms(SNOMED-CT), International Classification of Disease (ICD), Current Procedural Terminology (CPT), and Health Level Seven(HL7).
- Evaluate how data may be provided at the point of care to support clinical decision making and evidence-based practice.
- Apply health data to public health research, clinical quality, process and clinical workflow improvement.
- Develop health data policies and related documentation.
- Evaluate HIPAA and other government regulations and analyze the impact of these regulations on health data privacy and security.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 175,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.