Exploration of viral structure, classification, properties and interaction of viruses with cells, organisms and populations.Viral cultivation, the laboratory diagnosis of viral infections,and prevention and control of infection.
- 1.Describe the structure and properties of different types of viruses
- List the steps in correct sequence of viral replication in the host.
- Compare and contrast 5 major methods used in the detection and identification of human viruses.
- Distinguish between 4 points of action of antivirals in the virus life cycle.
- Design a plan for the prevention and control of viral infection in a hospital laboratory.
Recommended: Prior completion of
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 180,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.