Examine Ayurvedic medicine as a philosophy and system of medicine that focuses on how optimal health is achieved through a balance within the body, between the body and the environment. The principles of Ayurvedic medicine, role of doshas, causes of disharmonies and diseases, and treatment methods will be addressed. Will explore specific elements of an Ayurvedic lifestyle and the importance of lifestyle regimens.
- Examine the origins and philosophy of disease and harmony according to Ayurvedic medicine.
- Interpret the universal attributes, causes of disease and the stages of the disease process in Ayurvedic medicine.
- Compare and contrast the characteristics, actions, symptoms of aggravation of the three doshas in dosha theory.
- Compare and contrast role of diet and herbs, tonification, and reduction therapies in Ayurveda.
- Differentiate the diagnostic techniques and treatment modalities used by the Ayurvedic practitioner.
- Appraise Ayurvedic methods of maintaining health, vitality, and longevity.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 180,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.