Valuation is designed to explain the theories of valuing a corporation. Topics include: foundations of value, core valuation techniques, how to create value, estimating continuing value, valuing multinational companies, and cross-border and emerging markets valuation.
- Compare and contrast shareholder value maximization to stakeholder value maximization.
- Analyze the impact of short-term orientation (ROI, EPS) on the shareholder value.
- Compare and contrast the economic profit to discounted cash flow approaches.
- Evaluate the impact of capital structure on corporate valuation.
- Assess the impact of the financial statement treatments of the convertible debt to the estimation of equity value.
- Compare and contrast the variable valuation tools.
- Evaluate a value creation tree. What benefit does a manager gain by employing a value creation tree analysis as an integral component of performance measurement and analysis.
- Assess the role of valuation during the merger and acquisition process.
- Formulate how senior executive should prepare the organization for cultural shift after merge.
- Evaluate the characteristics of a cyclical company. How does the valuation of cyclical company differ from the valuation of a non-cyclical one?
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 165,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
100+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.