Forms of ownership and investment in real estate are examined. In particular, the course includes discussion of markets and methods of financing real property. The impacts of federal taxation on financing residential and commercial real estates are also discussed. Real estate finance topics are covered both from the perspective of borrowers and lenders.
- Integrate Real Estate Financial Leverage with Financing Alternatives.
- Define and discuss legal considerations in Real Estate Finance.
- Compare and contrast different methods of financing residential properties.
- Integrate Income Producing Properties with Valuation Fundamentals.
- Compare various techniques of financing project development and Land Development Projects.
- Analyze Real Estate Capital Markets and Securities, such as various Pass-Through Securities, Collateralized Mortgage Obligations, Real Estate Investment Trusts and Derivative Securities in the context of Portfolio Performance Considerations.
- Explain the process of management of interest rate risk.
- Compare and contrast various approaches of Disposing and Renovating Income Properties.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 165,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
100+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.