Dr. Shekar Viswanathan
Dr. Viswanathan’s academic expertise are modeling and simulation, sensor development, engineering management, sustainability, educational games in improving STEM.
He has diverse academic and business experience in research & development, product, process and program management, marketing, operations, financial management and strategic planning.
Honors and Awards
- 2018, International Who¿s Who
- 2006, Presidential Professoriate Award
- 2006, Faculty Distinguished Scholars
- 2003, National University Presidential and Scholar Award
- 1977, University of Windsor Postgraduate fellowship
- 1976, Second Prize Winner in All India Design Competitio
- 1975, University Rank Holder
- 1971, Government of India Merit Scholarship
- Viswanathan, S.. (2017). Implementation of Effective Capstone Projects In Undergraduate Manufacturing Design Engineering Program. American Journal of Engineering Education. 8(1): .
- Viswanathan, S.. (2015). Anatomy of Assessment of Manufacturing Design Engineering Academic Program Do's and Don'ts. Conference Presentation at the American Society of.
- Radhakrishnan, B., Viswanathan, S.. (2015). Resilient climate change action plans for sustainable urbanization across the world – benefits, issues, risks and recommendations. 2nd International Conference on Sustainable Urbani.
- Sarah English, Jorge Cotto, Shekar Viswanathan And William Brick. (2015). Effects of Residential Wood-Burning Emissions during Winter Months in a Northern San Diego County Location. J Environ Anal Toxicol, 5: 2161-0525.
- Salinas, Fidel M.; Smith, Denise M.; Viswanathan, Shekar. (2015). Nanotechnology: Impact on Energy. Encyclopedia of Energy Engineering and Technology. 2 edition(2015): 1256-1266.
- Shekar Viswanathan, Henry Truong And Van Phan. (2014). Implementation of the Ultra Performance Liquid Chromatography (UPLC) in the Analytical Chemistry Laboratory (ACL) at a Medical Device Company. CHEMCON 2014 Annual Conference. (12/28/2015): .
- B.D. Radhakrishnan And Shekar Viswanathan. (2014). Implementation of Renewable Energy, Energy Efficiency and Sustainable Development Capstone Projects in the Applied Engineering Programs – Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy Production. Eficiência Energética e Produção de Energia Renová.
- Beryl Bellman And Shekar Viswanathan. (2014). Enterprise Architecting Solutions to Environmental and Social Problems: The Case of the Overpopulation of Sea Lions in La Jolla, CA. IEEE Global Humanitarian Technology Conference.
- Shekar Viswanathan And Bd Radhakrishnan. (n.d.). Developing "Critical Thinking Skills" in Graduate Engineering Program. Conference Presentation at the American Society of.