Analysis of complex systems, system behavior, and system of systems. Includes the concept of intended and unintended consequences, systems thinking, modeling dynamic systems and decision making, system instability and oscillation, and testing of system models. System dynamic programming software is provided with the text.
- Generate causal loop diagrams to model systems thinking and feedback processes.
- Create system dynamics models to simulate behavior of various systems and subsystems.
- Model the dynamics of systems utilizing delay structures, growth functions, and co-flows.
- Develop and test models of decision policies and human behavior that uncover unintended consequences and bounded rationality.
- Model supply chain dynamics and determine factors for instability and oscillations.
- Test and validate system dynamics models.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 180,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
Attend class and learn onsite at one of over 20 locations in California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.