This course covers the principles of modern software engineering; requirements analysis, development and maintenance of a software product and its supporting documents, software lifecycle and various models of development. This course also introduces students to tools and processes needed to develop a software product, system or application, in a systematic manner #8211; as it relates to the information technology program.
- Create software requirements specifications and complex software systems using software engineering processes and tools.
- Apply tools and processes needed to construct software in a systematic manner for IT management.
- Model software architectures for distributed and client server environments in an IT infrastructure.andlt;p style=andquot;margin-left:.25in;text-autospace:ideograph-numeric ideograph-other;andquot;andgt;
- Demonstrate understanding of software architecture related concepts, alternative, and design approaches.andlt;p style=andquot;margin-left:.25in;text-autospace:ideograph-numeric ideograph-other;andquot;andgt;
- Evaluate software design tools. andlt;p style=andquot;margin-left:.25in;text-autospace:ideograph-numeric ideograph-other;andquot;andgt;
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 180,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
Attend class and learn onsite at one of over 20 locations in California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.