This course emphasizes network and security concepts, standards, and implementation. It provides students with an understanding of network and security management and emerging network technologies. Topics include network standards, network security, standards layers, common protocols, 802.3, 802.11, and Wi-Fi standards, TCP/IP architecture, and networked applications.
- Explain the basics of network and security management.
- Differentiate between network devices and their functions.
- Describe the standards layers and their role in networking.
- Explain common protocols and standards used in networking.
- Apply networking technology concepts within student projects.
- Demonstrate an understanding of basic network security concepts.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 175,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.