Examination of design and management of internal capacity as it applies to all organizations. It addresses how all operations and behavior components fit together and how to identify and resolve the right problem. Topics covered include, problem identification and resolution, process design, applications of technology and knowledge management.
- Describe operations management and how it applies to project management engineering.
- Analyze the role of behavior and communication in operations management.
- Apply problem identification and problem-solving processes.
- Determine the appropriate operations management tool(s) to be used during the problem-solving process.
- Design and develop a process including comparison of methodologies to maintain and manage a process.
- Determine the appropriate operations management concepts and tool(s) to be addressed during the design development and management of a process.
- Evaluate the application of current and future technologies to operations management.
- Integrate total quality into operations management.
- Apply project management engineering techniques in operations management.
- Summarize operations management concepts, culminating in an operations improvement plan.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 180,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
Attend class and learn onsite at one of over 20 locations in California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.