The scientific approach to problem solving through analysis and design are presented using modern computer science and engineering examples. Critical thinking and communication skills will be used to interpret and present results from real-world case studies where computers were used to solve scientific problems.
- Describe various scientific problem solving methodologies.
- Understand standard techniques and strategies for using computers to solve scientific problems.
- Use critical thinking skills to interpret results of scientific investigations.
- Participate as a team to solve scientific problems.
- Make ethical decisions when dealing with professional issues.
- Communicate in oral, written, and graphical form.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 180,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
Attend class and learn onsite at one of over 20 locations in California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.