A treatment of advanced programming techniques in Java using abstraction, encapsulation and inheritance. Development of applets and applications using client server technology, multithreading, event-driven programming techniques, and multimedia.
- Implement object oriented techniques like encapsulation, inheritance, and polymorphism.
- Build graphical user interfaces and implement event handling.
- Use Java’s Exception Handling facilities.
- Create applets and applications with multimedia capabilities.
- Create multi-threaded Java applications.
- Implement Java client-server applications using Sockets and Datagrams.
- Create Servlets and Java Server Pages to build dynamic web pages.
- Develop database driven applications in Java.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 175,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.