A survey of principles, structure, analysis, and techniques of database design and implementation. Topics include physical and logical design, normalization, database models, security, integrity and queries.
- Describe characteristics of entity relationship components and explain how relationships between entities are defined.
- Build ER Model.
- Explain normalization and normal forms.
- Create data models based on EER diagrams.
- Use SQL commands and function for data manipulation and data administration.
- Describe database design strategies.
- Describe various models used for concurrency control.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 175,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.