Intro to Programming Concepts
Introduction to modern programming design techniques using C++. A study of basic programming constructs, techniques and fundamental control structures. Emphasis is on Object Oriented and modular programming. Coverage includes data types, functions, arrays and pointers. The course examines problem analysis, decomposition and modern programming paradigms and methodologies.
- Perform problem analysis to develop solutions to solve problems and translate the solution into C++ code.
- Discuss the logical construction of computer programs, particularly the three fundamental structures: sequential, repetitive and decision.
- Demonstrate structured programming, including such concepts as modularity, step-wise refinement, top-down and Object Oriented design.
- Utilize functions and parameter passing
- Demonstrate the ability to correctly use pointers by creating pointers, dereferencing pointers, passing pointers and doing pointer arithmetic.
- Implement professional best practices and conventions in programs created.
- Design, test and debug computer programs.
- Understand and apply basic concepts of Object Oriented Programming.
- Use array structures and vector object in programs.
- Utilize pointers in programming and coding.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 180,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
Attend class and learn onsite at one of over 20 locations in California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.