Study of the principles and applications of telecommunications. Examination of voice, data, analog and digital transmission in local area and wide area networks will be explored and the related existing and emerging communications protocols. Discover the strategic role telecommunications plays in the modern networked environment.
- Investigate applications of telecommunication technology in internal and external data communications.
- Compare and contrast the infrastructure needs for analog/digital transmission of voice and data.
- Compare and contrast the architecture and design of local and wide area networks.
- Compare and justify corporate need for Intranets, Extranets, and the Internet.
- Analyze and compare the existing and emerging communication protocols.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 175,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.