Overview of the health information management and health care delivery systems. Coverage includes the patient record, numbering and filing systems, record storage and circulation, indexes, registers, and health data collection.
- Explain health information and management concepts.
- Describe types of patient records and documentation issues associated with them.
- Describe numbering and filing systems; and record storage and circulation.
- Explain indexes, registers, and health data collection.
- Evaluate automated record systems.
- Recognize medical classification and coding systems.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 175,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.