Overview of core concepts related to the emerging interconnections between technology, the organization, and information management.
- Analyze various aspects revolving around the strategic role of managing information.
- Identify and discuss the purposes of various hardware components comprising the computer system.
- Compare and contrast Internet, intranet, and extranet; and discuss the benefits and pitfalls of each.
- Identify and discuss the strategic role of major business applications software.
- Discuss current operating systems and network support utilities commonly found in a variety of IS environments.
- Discuss and contrast methodologies used to redesign the information infrastructure of the organizational enterprise.
- Describe factors for managing systems security and implementing systems-wide information controls.
- Discuss factors to consider when managing international information systems.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 175,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.