Integration of safety and productivity into daily field operations through inspection and accountability. Examines accident costs and contributing factors and techniques for risk minimization. Presents the relationship between safety and quality and techniques for site, structure, general and mechanical and electrical system inspections.
- Understand the cost of injuries in comparison to the cost of safety.
- Assess the occurrence of hazardous conditions.
- Determine steps and implement contractual agreements and management systems to improve safety.
- Understand the relationship between safety and quality.
- Understand the basic inspection processes for site, structures, general construction and mechanical and electrical systems.
- Apply inspection techniques to insure conformance with codes, plans and specifications.
- Understand the final inspection process and project closeout.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 175,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.