This course applies the principles of business accounting and financial principles and engineering economics to the construction industry. Construction accounting systems, depreciation and financial analysis are introduced. Labor, overhead, and profit management are presented. Cash flow, time value of money, and legal aspects specific to construction industry contracts are introduced.
- Understand the principles of construction financial management.
- Apply and utilize construction accounting systems.
- Understand accounting transactions and depreciation.
- Analyze construction financial statements.
- Understand cost management for labor, overhead and profit.
- Utilize computer software for construction accounting and finance.
- Understand legal aspects specific to construction industry contracting.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 180,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
Attend class and learn onsite at one of over 20 locations in California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.