This course builds on the fundamentals of construction management, estimating, scheduling and control introduced in CEN 419. Advanced topics concerning quantity takeoff estimations for material, time, equipment, overhead, critical path, and precedence networks for activity durations, scheduling and project updating for control are presented.
- Generate bar charts, networks and critical path.
- Explain resource allocation and leveling.
- Demonstrate scheduling fundamentals.
- Understand network and scheduling fundamentals.
- Analyze construction progress and apply schedule compression and time-cost trade-off.
- Understand the relationship between project management, scheduling and control.
- Utilize computer software for project scheduling and control.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 175,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.