Surveying, Metrics and GIS
Land and topographic surveying with global position systems and geographic information systems (GIS). Fundamentals of distance, leveling angles, theodolites, transverse surveys and computations. Hands-on with ArcView GIS to understand the basic GIS concepts and applications in land planning.
- Understand the fundamentals of surveying.
- Explain the principles of distance measuring and leveling.
- Apply the principles of surveying and theodolites.
- Perform transverse surveys and computations.
- Apply the principles of surveying in building construction.
- Demonstrate knowledge of GIS and ArcView.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 180,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
Attend class and learn onsite at one of over 20 locations in California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.