Introduction the basic physics of medical imaging modalities. It will provide a variety of information about the human body, including anatomy, function, blood flow, and metabolism. The fundamental modality will include X-ray radiography, Computer Tomography (CT), Ultrasound (US), Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) and Nuclear Spectroscopy along with introduction to the state-of-art in modern medical imaging.
- Acquire biological knowledge of human anatomy, physiological processes, and medical imaging for safe and protective radiation interaction with human tissue.
- Describe the concept of medical imaging modalities used in clinical application.
- Acquire modern procedure and alternate imaging technique by medical practitioners.
- Identify evolving modern techniques of medical imaging for normal and abnormal living tissue and organ.
- Evaluate and select specific suitable medical imaging modality for successful clinical procedure and outcome.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 180,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
Attend class and learn onsite at one of over 20 locations in California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.