Advanced course that introduces medium and high risk medical devices and instrumentation. During this course, devices such as ECG, EEG, Endoscopes and ventilators will be examined. Topics include biosignals acquisition, processing, and filtering; design of devices; embedded design and implementation, and testing and calibration of devices.
- Employ engineering principle know-how to solve real-life problems in the design and operation of medical devices in the medium and high risk category.
- Develop design specification from concept to marketable products of manufactured medical devices.
- Develop ability to communicate and implement specific requirements and needs for rapid prototyping of medical devices.
- Demonstrate ability to team networking and implement design of novel medical device.
- Integrate professional and ethical responsibilities and challenges in healthcare settings.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 175,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.