Laboratory hands on practical course will support classroom theoretical pedagogy. The accelerated laboratory sessions will introduce fundamental embedded biomedical circuit designs of devices covered in BET 401. Analog, digital and mixed signals, real-time and emulated biosignals for broad biomedical application as practice in clinical environment will be explored. The lab activities include setup, calibration, testing, troubleshooting, data collection and proper analytical report.
- Design, develop, and implement fundamental biomedical instrumentation from commercial embedded workbench tools.
- Acquire, process and analyze real or emulated biosignals using integrated electronic circuitry.
- Explore application of biosignals for enhancement of clinical application.
- Integrate modular block components into a large-scale system to meet optimal specification.
- Familiarize with standard prototype peripheral interfaces, inputs and outputs.
- Participate in a team-oriented concurrent, laboratory experimentation design.
Students are expected to attend all class sessions and participate in all lab activities. Students are expected to complete the ‘Lab-preparation and Background Research’ before proceeding to each laboratory session. Students are expected to turn in all lab reports on time. Late submission penalty for lab reports will result in loss of substantial credit or no credit. Students should complete an independent design project and the team project to give a 15-20 minutes oral presentation on his/her project at the last week of class.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 180,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.