Analysis of database design and implementation for analytical applications in ‘big data.’ Topics include requirements collection, conceptual and logical database design, normalization, an introduction to SQL, and the designing of a data mart.
- Assess the database development process in the context of the System Development Life Cycle.
- Integrate components and characteristics of conceptual and logical database designs.
- Evaluate database schemata based on application requirements.
- Implement and manipulate database using Structured Query Language (SQL).
- Design a data mart for analytic applications.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 175,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.